Well, all I can say is The Direction Opposite of Home was truly a jaw dropping ending!! I really couldn't imagine Rodney would do that, did you?
Ok so lets dive in to week two's discussion!!
1. One of the most powerful moments in the novel comes at the end of the second section. Do you think that Rodney Green purposely puts himself into the killer’s hands?
2. What do you think is the best way to explain tragedy to young
3. Now that you know how the second section ended, do you think the letter Rodney wrote could cause issue regarding his disappearance?
4. Towards the end of the section Rodney's father found out that not only he was stealing, but hanging with the wrong crowd. Do you think Mr. Green should have allowed Rodney to explain what happened before he embarrassed him in front of his peers?
5. Discuss a time in your childhood where you were embarrased in the way Rodney was embarrassed. If not, do you recall ever seeing someone knew endure a public scolding from their parent.
Til next post,
P.s. Please remember to keep comments respectful!