I hope you enjoyed Magic Words as much as I did. It truely left me a little speechless. So, lets dive into the first set of questions.
1. Although this is a novel about a specific historical moment, much of the novel is about the day-to-day life of a fifth grade class. Were there moments in the story that reminded you of your own childhood? What things were different?
2. Do you think it was odd in the manner of which Tasha dad returned home? In what way? Do you think that he realized what was most important at that point?
3. In this first section, Tasha’s father is very upset that no one has taught the children about the history of civil rights and racial violence. Do you think that it is good to share such information with young children?
4. Who was your Mrs. Mahmud growing up?
5. Which character can you relate to thus far? and explain
Please remember to keep comments respectful!
Til next post,